WINETALK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINETALK

Simply Wine / En Vino Veritas

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage 2001

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bjørn Tore Aastorp Ruud
Admin
Admin
Bjørn Tore Aastorp Ruud

Male
Number of posts : 999
Emploi : Wine Consultant
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage 2001 Empty
PostSubject: Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage 2001   Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage 2001 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:55 pm

Color: Deep dark red with dark brown.

Nose: Dark caramel, chocolate, spices, peppery, black ripe plum, prunes, some flowers, some vanilla, marsipan and cherry. After decanting for a while it shows some orange marmelade and maybe dried apricot.

Palate: Full bodied, same aromas as above, good concentration, very good balanced structure in the wine, very long rich and fresh finish, firm in the end. Sweet but not to sweet.

Foodmatch: Game, rich mature cheese, chocolate desserts.

Cellaring: 0-10 years. It is ready to drink and it is a filltered wine, but I think it will develope nice in the bottle. Some will say that filtered LBV does not develope in the bottle, I am not sure about that.

Very good wine. I was positively surprised because I have had my chear of Taylors that have been to sweet and plump, lacking acidity. BTW I have not tasted a lot of taylors, so maybe I have been unlucky. This LBV is very good quality.
Razz Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
https://winetalk.forumotion.com

Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage 2001
Page 1 of 1